Monday, August 31, 2009

Rip Tide

Repost from my facebook: If you get caught in a rip tide, relax--tread water or float. Allow the current to take you out. Once beyond the breakwater, swim parallel to the shore and then angle toward the beach. If you fight the current, you'll exhaust yourself and likely drown.

Obama's been president for like, 5 minutes. The other guy got eight years to fuck up. Give a brutha a break. There's lots to do.

That said, he's not our savior. He's a politician. Remember that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly. people just love setting this guy up for failure. so friggin frustrating. smh

Bundle Brent said...

Obama is scary for us white folks. We voted for him because he seemed like a "magic negro" - he LOVES white people! He'll sweep in and solve all our problems! Hurray!

But WAIT- if he succeeds as president, he could at any moment call us out on our white privilege bullshit. And then where would we be? I want my kids to get into Princeton!

We'd better keep trying to keep the black man down. AFTER we vote for him - we don't want to seem racist.

In short - yeah. Totally.

Sigh.

Lenoxave said...

Thank you for saying this. I'm so tired of the bitching, racist bullshyte and old lady hand wringing I don't know what to do.

bainst said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.